Your initial appointment with our oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Leesburg or Ashburn, Virginia, will consist of an informative consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. A second appointment, where Dr. Andrew Bluhm, Dr. Steve Dorsch or Dr. Gene Vandervort will provide treatment, is usually scheduled for a future day. At the time of your consultation, please assist us by providing the following information:
- Your physician’s and dentist’s names and telephone numbers.
- Your surgical referral slip and any applicable X-rays.
- A list of medications you are presently taking, including any herbal medications.
If you currently have any medical or dental insurance, please bring the necessary information. Please remember that you are fully responsible for all fees charged by our offices, regardless of your current insurance coverage. We will send you a monthly statement for your convenience.
All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit, as well as at the time of surgery.
- If you will be under IV anesthesia, please do not eat or drink for the eight (8) hours prior to your surgery. You will also need a responsible adult to be present at your surgery, to drive you home, and to stay with you that day until you are able to take care of yourself.
- If you have a medical condition that may be of concern, please alert us at the time of your consultation or prior to your surgery if it is the same day as your consultation. Please also alert us if you are currently on any medication (i.e. heart medications, anticoagulant therapy [blood thinner], aspirin, etc.).
- If your dentist or physician has taken X-rays, you may request that they forward them to either our Leesburg or Ashburn office. If there is not enough time to send the X-rays to our offices before your appointment, please pick the X-rays up and bring them to Loudoun Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. If additional X-rays are necessary, they can be taken at either one of our offices.
Please remember that you are fully responsible for all fees charged by our office regardless of your current insurance coverage. We will send you a monthly statement for your convenience. Most insurance companies will respond to the billing request within four to six weeks. Please call us if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance on your account after your insurance has paid is your responsibility unless we have come to a special contractual arrangement with your insurance company. We appreciate your prompt remittance.
Our surgeons and team are pleased to offer first-rate oral surgery to help you regain a beautiful smile and fully functional mouth. To help you schedule your first visit to our practice, we invite you to contact one of our offices.