Dr. Dorsch is a dual-degree, Board-Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who has practiced in Northern Virginia since 1999. He thoroughly enjoys practicing all aspects of oral surgery especially cosmetic and reconstructive implant surgery including bone and soft tissue grafting procedures.
Dr. Dorsch grew up in northern New Jersey. He received his bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of South Carolina and then pursued a dental degree from the Medical College of Virginia. He specialized in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medical College of Virginia and completed a full-scope residency program. He also obtained his medical degree and completed an anesthesiology internship at the Medical College of Virginia.
Dr. Dorsch is dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care. He regularly attends continuing education seminars to bring the most advanced knowledge and newest techniques available to his practice. As co-founder and co-director of the Greater Loudoun Study Club, Dr. Dorsch also sponsors speakers from all over the country to increase the overall knowledge of the dental community focusing on the continued improvement of patient care. Dr. Dorsch actively lectures on dental implants and grafting procedures, emergencies in the dental office, the management of wisdom teeth, and innovations in oral and maxillofacial surgery technology.
Dr. Dorsch’s extensive training in anesthesiology allows patients a full range of office anesthetic options as well as surgery in local hospitals. Dr. Dorsch lives in Waterford with his wife Lee, an anesthesiologist, and their five children Ryan, Paul, Eric, Will, and Abby.
Dr. Dorsch enjoys many outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, camping and skiing. He also likes playing sports with his children such as baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, and skiing. He says he enjoys most activities as long as they include his family.
- Undergraduate Education: University of South Carolina
- Dental Degree: Medical College of Virginia
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Virginia
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: Medical College of Virginia
- Anesthesiology Internship: Medical College of Virginia
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Mid-Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Medical Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Association
- Loudoun Arts Council
Hospital Staff Appointments:
- Loudoun Hospital