Dr. Bluhm has practiced oral and maxillofacial surgery in Loudoun County since 1994. After completing his undergraduate studies at Middlebury College, he attended dental school at the University of North Carolina and received his training in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Medical College of Virginia. He has been active both professionally and in the community since he and his family settled in Loudoun.
Dr. Bluhm is well trained in the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery including surgical removal of teeth, oral and facial trauma, and management of oral pathology. He has a special interest in dental implant and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Bluhm is on staff at INOVA Loudoun Hospital Center. He is a member of multiple local, state, and national dental professional organizations. With his partners, he serves as co-director of the Greater Loudoun Study Club, a local organization dedicated to the continuing education of our local dental community. Dr. Bluhm is also certified in both basic life support and advanced cardiac life support.
Music is a passion for Dr. Bluhm. He is an accomplished trumpet player and performs with the Loudoun Symphony Orchestra as well as with a brass ensemble based in Ashburn of which he is a co-founder. He also enjoys spending time playing tennis and is an avid cyclist.
Dr. Bluhm is a member of St. David’s Episcopal Church in Ashburn, VA. He is actively involved with the music ministry and international outreach. He has participated in five mission trips to Honduras, working with children at an orphanage/school in the capital city, Tegucigalpa.
Family is very important to Dr. Bluhm. His wife Jenifer and two children Connor and Amanda are a great joy.
Dr. Bluhm feels truly blessed to be able to live and work in Loudoun County. As a doctor he also feels honored to be entrusted with the care of the wonderful people of this community, and has thoroughly enjoyed the relationships he has had with his patients over the years.
- B.A. (music), Middlebury College, 1986
- D.D.S., University of North Carolina, 1990
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery internship and residency, Medical College of Virginia, 1990 – 1994
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1996
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Fellow)
- Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Loudoun Hospital Center