Caring for your smile includes making sure you care for your gums and your teeth. If your gums are left untreated, they can destabilize and cause your teeth to actually fall out. In order to keep your gums strong, it is important to always look for any signs and symptoms of gum damage. If your gums should ever become infected, they will need to be treated through the use of procedures. Common symptoms of gum disease include:
– If you have any permanent teeth that feel extra movable, loose or are separating from your mouth, it may be linked to an infection or issue within your gums.
– Do you frequently suffer from bad breath that continues to return even after using therapeutic mouthwash or other helpful treatments? If so, gum disease may be at fault.
– Common indications of gum disease include tenderness, tooth sensitivity, excessive swelling and oral inflammation.
– One of the most common symptoms of gum disease is tooth recession. Tooth recession, also sometimes referred to as gum recession, refers to your gums slowly pulling back away from your teeth, thereby exposing more surface area of a tooth.
– If you notice any blood spotting while brushing or flossing your teeth, or experience any bleeding while eating, gum infections may be responsible.
Are you suffering from gum disease? After consulting with your dentist which route to proceed, our team here at Loudoun Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Ashburn, Virginia, will be happy to help you restore your smile. Some of the options we have include soft tissue grafting and endodontic surgery. You are welcome to contact Dr. Bluhm, Dr. Dorsch, and Dr. Vandervort’s office to schedule an appointment at 703-729-8700. Let us help you get your best smile today!