Does your partner or family complain about how you keep them up with your loud snoring? Do you frequently feel tired, even after getting a full night’s rest? If so, you may be suffering from sleep apnea, a common yet serious condition that causes you to wake up frequently when sleeping due to a blocked airway.
Many people may accept snoring or tiredness as a part of life, but these may be underlying symptoms of sleep apnea. But what if you don’t snore or aren’t excessively tired every day? Sleep apnea can manifest itself in a variety of ways, many of which may not seem related to frequently interrupted breathing while sleeping. Some common symptoms of sleep apnea include:
– Loud snoring
– Periodic halted breathing for a few seconds or up to 30 seconds, witnessed by another person
– Abrupt awakenings while sleeping due to a shortness of breath
– Irritability and mood changes
– Inability to concentrate or maintain attention
– Waking up with a sore throat and/or dry mouth
– Difficulty falling and staying asleep
– Daytime drowsiness and lack of energy
If you experience any combination of these symptoms, our team at Loudoun Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery recommends that you come in for a visit with our surgeons, Drs. Bluhm, Dorsch and Vandervort. We provide excellent care to diagnose your sleep apnea and provide personalized treatment that will help you sleep soundly throughout the night. Contact us today at 703-729-8700 to learn more about our sleep apnea treatment in Ashburn, Virginia.